The pursuit of scientific proof that contact with the Earth impacts human physiology and health began with Drs. Karol and Pawel Sokal in Poland and Clint Ober in the United States in the1990s.
The research that followed has produced fascinating evidence demonstrating that Earthing generates a powerful and positive shift in the electrical state of the body and the electrodynamics of blood, and restores natural self-healing and self-regulating mechanisms.
We know that Earthing allows a transfer of electrons (the Earth’s natural, subtle energy) into the body. We know that inflammation is caused by free radicals and that free radicals are neutralized with electrons from any source. Electrons are the source of the neutralizing power of antioxidants.
In the Earthing studies, as well as the feedback from thousands of individuals who have grounded themselves, we have consistent evidence of people whose pain was reduced. Such reduction of pain is evidence (but not proof) that inflammation is reduced. However, the studies point clearly in that direction.
The institute hopes that evidence collected to date will inspire researchers with the financial resources to perform large studies to further clarify the benefits of Earthing.
- Differences in Blood Urea and Creatinine Concentrations in Earthed and Unearthed Subjects during Cycling Exercise and Recovery
- Earthing (Grounding) the Human Body Reduces Blood Viscosity—a Major Factor in Cardiovascular Disease
Additionally, view the Blood Viscosity Video Clip.
- Earthing the Human Organism Influences Bioelectrical Processes
- Research Review: Health Implications of Reconnecting the Human Body to the Earth’s Surface Electrons −Journal of Environmental and Public Health
- The Neuromodulative Role of Earthing
- Emotional Stress, Heart Rate Variability, Grounding, and Improved Autonomic Tone: Clinical Applications
- Earthing the Human Body Influences Physiologic Processes
Chronic Disease: Are We Missing Something? (Editorial)
- Pilot Study on the Effect of Grounding on Delayed-Onset Muscle Soreness
- Changes in Pulse Rate, Respiratory Rate, Blood Oxygenation, Perfusion Index, Skin Conductance, and Their Variability Induced During and After Grounding Human Subjects for 40 Minutes
- The Effect Of Earthing On Human Physiology, Part 2
- The Effect Of Earthing On Human Physiology, Part 1
- The Effectiveness of a Conductive Patch and a Conductive Bed Pad in Reducing Induced Human Body Voltage Via the Application of Earth Ground
- The Biologic Effects of Grounding the Human Body During Sleep as Measured by Cortisol Levels and Subjective Reporting of Sleep, Pain, and Stress
- Medical Thermography Case Studies on Earthing 2004-2005
- Gaetan Chevalier, Ph.D., The Earth’s Electrical Surface Potential A summary of present understanding
- James Oschman, Ph.D., Can Electrons Act as Antioxidants? A Review and Commentary
- James Oschman, Ph.D., Charge transfer in the living matrix
- James Oschman, Ph.D., Perspective: Assume a spherical cow: The role of free or mobile electrons in bodywork, energetic and movement therapies