Deeper and more restful sleep is one of the most common benefits of grounding.
Video: “Sleeping through the night for the first time in five years.”
Video: “Falling asleep fast, and waking up refreshed.”
• One doctor who has been recommending Earthing to his patients for 10 years said this: “The first feedback I usually hear from patients who just started Earthing is, ‘best sleep I’ve had in years.’”
• “I am 58 years old and have been sleeping grounded for a little over one month. In that time, my sleep patterns have improved dramatically. I sleep at least 8 hours without waking up, something I have not experienced in a number of years. In addition, I feel much calmer, my blood pressure has come down, and I no longer need sleep aids of any kind. I fractured my ankle several months ago, and there was still a lot of stiffness, pain, and swelling. One week after starting to sleep grounded, the ankle felt good enough so I could return to the gym. Now it seems to be 100 percent. I can ride a bike, use the elliptical, and jog without any discomfort.”
• “I was undergoing chemotherapy for Hodgkin Lymphoma and only sleeping 4 to 6 hours/night. I receiving the mats on the day of chemo and starting using one under my feet as I worked at my computer. I experienced an increase in energy. The day of chemo and the following 3 days I take steroids which also interfere with sleep. After completing the steroids I slept for 7 hours and the next night for 8 hours. I had not slept that long for 6 to 8 months. I am continuing to use a mat during the day and also at night and sleeping much better. Even after the last chemo I slept for 5 hours but it was a very deep sleep. I was a great skeptic at the beginning, but now I am recommending them to everyone in my cancer support group.”
• “I started to sleep grounded about three months ago. The first thing I noticed was that I was waking up much earlier in the morning, and was wide awake and ready to get up.
“During the day my energy levels were incredibly improved. Looking back on my life I seem to have been ‘tired’ a lot of the time, but now I have energy. Over the last few years I have had chronically painful feet and swollen ankles. This has gone and my ankles are back to normal. And on my legs, over the years, I’ve had lumps like moles (I call them carbuncles). These are now ‘shrinking.’
“I now have a feeling of being ‘in tune’ with the Earth. When I first heard about Earthing I knew instinctively at once how important it was. Thanks to earthing I am fitter and healthier now than I have ever been.”
• “As I have gotten older I have begun to experience age-related things like brain fog, difficulty in dropping excessive weight, and most unexpectedly, not sleeping well. Better nutrition and higher intensity weight resistance exercises effectively addressed the first two problems, but I was having difficulty finding a solution to getting good, sound sleep. I tried many methods, short of taking drugs, but nothing worked. It was extremely frustrating. I never had difficulty sleeping before.
“I decided to try grounding, despite a healthy dose of skepticism. The first night grounded, I slept as though I had taken some kind of sleeping pill. I slept through the night and deeper than I had in years. I was stunned by the result. I experienced the same thing the next night and it continued in the ensuing nights.”
• “I fall asleep so much faster now, get much more restful sleep, and have tons of energy during the day. Sleeping grounded also helped me reset my clock and now I go to sleep earlier, wake up earlier, and feel way more rested. I recently ran a 100k (66-mile) ultramarathon called the Chimera 100, one of the toughest 100k races. Though I suffered some stomach issues out on the course that really beat me up, I slept grounded and, once I stopped running, stayed barefoot the rest of the day. I was barely sore the next day and two days out I was fine.”
•“I’m not sleeping with the CPAP machine anymore (Note: CPAP stands for Continuous Positive Airway Pressure, and is a bedside medical device widely used for conditions associated with disturbed breathing, such as sleep apnea, heart failure, and chronic obstructive pulmonary disease.) I was diagnosed with sleep hypoxia, rather than apnea per se—shallow breathing. The Earthing sheet has improved that as well as lessening the severity of irritable bowel flare-ups.”
•“I read a book called “Earthing” and I would say it has changed my life significantly. As suggested in the book, I have made a conscious effort to make more direct contact with the EARTH − either by barefooting it or sitting on the ground. I am sleeping so well it is downright scary! Last night −7 1/2 hours without even going to the bathroom! I haven’t had one of those little sleep-aids in a month now. Besides that, the inflammation in my body in the form of aches and pains in the arthritic areas has been greatly reduced. I have become a true believer in this theory.”
• “I’ve never really had trouble sleeping in the past. I can just about sleep standing up! Now we are sleeping on the grounded sheet and I get to sleep much sooner without thinking about it. I still wake to go to the toilet once a night but no trouble getting back to sleep and the sleep in between feels like a better quality, deeper sleep. Also I’m not disturbing my partner anymore and she sleeps through me getting in and out of bed. I noticed when I got out of bed during the night on the first night of being earthed that my lower back muscles were not clenched and I stood straight upright without stretching and no pain. Wow.” (Australia)
• “I now have been grounded indoors for about a month. At first I found sleep even worse than before, but I decided to keep going and see what happens. I read in the Earthing book to drink more water. I know I do not drink enough water so started drinking more than before. Well I now sleep well most nights for the first time is 20 years. I have more energy, and feel better in many areas of my health. I have stopped having cramps which I had been having for some years even though I was taking magnesium daily. I have always been healthier in the summer and I thought it was because I loved the warm weather, now I know it was because I go barefoot all the time in the summer, even though so many people told me to put my shoes on all my life am now glad I did not listen. I am in my 70’s and still work a full day, gardening and taking care of my dogs.” (Australia)
• “I just started with grounding products a few days ago. I’m sleeping much better and can go back to sleep if I get up during the night. One night I slept 7 hours straight before waking up. I haven’t done that in over 25 years. I have arthritis in my left ankle. The pain has subsided and my range of motion has significantly increased. “
• “I’ve been sleeping grounded at night for a few months and my dreams have totally changed, no more nightmares, and I wake in a totally different mood, for the better.”
• From a man in Australia: “For years I suffered chronic insomnia, caused mainly by ongoing gut trouble. Nothing helped. When I started sleeping grounded on a grounding sheet, however, my sleep began to improve. The improvement was very slow at first; just one good sleep in the first week. In the next three weeks the sleep varied, sometimes good, sometimes disrupted and restless. After a month the good sleeps began to be a regular occurrence – every two or three days, but with a few hours’ sleep even on the bad nights. After three months I was sleeping fairly regularly. Now after two years, my insomnia has vanished. Of course, I have to get up about once a night, but that is probably average for most 53 year-olds. It has to be the sheet, as I made no major changes to diet, lifestyle or routine during this period.”
• From a doctor dealing with insomnia issues related to video game addiction: “I’ve been grounding for almost one year, and I am getting amazing sleep quality. I struggled with tech overuse and video game addiction over a decade ago. Now, I think my occasional insomnia in the absence of video games is due to training my brain to play 50 to 100 hours per week of video games over a period of 10 years. During these 10 years of excessive gaming, I was sleeping on average 2 to 4 hours a night, and I essentially trained my brain to desire lack of sleep. Around October 2017, I was having months where I could only get 2 to 4 hours of sleep a night. Good sleep hygiene, melatonin pills, Ambien, and body scan relaxation did not help me sleep more. Electrically grounding my body was the thing that helped me with improved sleep quality. With grounding, I don’t need Ambien nor melatonin pills. I’ve recommended grounding the body during sleep to dozens of people, and these individuals have reported similar improved sleep quality and mental calmness. I think grounding will help with video game induced insomnia and reduced fatigue.”
• From a 2017 review of the Earthing book on Amazon.com: “I haven’t slept well in over 10 years. My sleep quality has consistently gotten worse since I finished college and got a job. I used to go outside all the time and many times barefoot since I lived near a beach. Sometimes it would be so nice outside that I would fall asleep and wake up the next morning outside. I never had any problems with sleep during my younger years but after graduating, getting a job and trying to work my way up the ladder I became ill. I no longer lived near a beach, I didn’t have the time to go outside and my commute was a total of four hours every day. I slept maybe four to five hours a day and started to become depressed and easily agitated. I tried everything from hypnosis, music, pills, diet, etc but nothing worked to assist my sleep.
“During my desperation I came across this book and immediately started to ground myself while reading. I noticed my sense of wellbeing and energy levels drastically improved after just one hour. I finished this book over the weekend and was compelled to purchase their electrodes and blankets. My first night with the electrodes and blanket I slept for the entire 8 hour period and didn’t wake up until my alarm went off. It was like magic.
“After 4 weeks I had a doctor appointment and my doctor already could see a change in my appearance as I had lost a few pounds and he said I had more color. I didn’t have those circles under my eyes either. My weight, blood pressure, glucose were all now normal when they were just very high 3 months ago. My friends and family have been absolutely shocked with my transformation over this past month. They say I’m like a brand new person from not only my appearance but with being more social and positive. I just informed them about this book and how humans have been depriving themselves of ‘Vitamin G’ aka grounding.”
• From a 2016 book review on Amazon: “After reading the Earthing book I immediately started earthing/grounding naturally in my backyard and obtained Earthing products to ground myself at night. I have had insomnia for about a year, ever since I moved into a house where there was a Smart Meter on my back bedroom wall. Not sure if this has something to do with it or not, but if you read all the horrific health complaints people are having regarding smart meters, it is probably the likely culprit.
“Immediately when I started grounding myself during the day and night my insomnia seems to have completely disappeared. I slept nearly 9 hours the first night I had it which is unreal to me. It only has been a little over a week now of using the earthing products. But I feel great. Instead of only getting 5-6 hours of restless sleep, I have been getting 7-8 of really deep/good sleep. Yes, I realize it could be a placebo effect. But I highly doubt it at this point. Time will tell if it is or isn’t. I have more energy in the day now as well. My brain is working better. I was starting to develop memory problems due to being sleep deprived. I am not noticing that anymore. I am amazed.”
• From a dentist in Maine: “Patients now using the sheets report almost universal positive response, some of them quite remarkable. Cessation of snoring is one that has created a lot of gratitude from partners involved and everyone’s snoring is much improved or eliminated.”
• From a woman in Michigan: “I’m doing well – sleeping well, no joint or heel pain now, no urinary problems, and my blood pressure is lower consistently – still take hypertension medicine, but a lowered dose – from 20 mg to 10 mg! My husband sleeps well, too, and now rarely snores, and when he does snore, it’s a fraction of the volume from prior to grounding. The snoring didn’t improve right away, but it’s come gradually.”
• “I slept VERY soundly last night for the first time in a very, very long time. My husband says that I did not snore, either, which seems to be another milestone. It was the second night that the grounding contraption has been on our bed. Could it possibly work that fast? I don’t know whether my husband snored last night because I slept so soundly without waking up at all.”
For more on snoring relief, click here.