(The medical definition refers to overwhelming fatigue lasting six months or longer that interferes with daily activities and is worsened by exercise. Patients also often suffer with such symptoms as poor quality of sleep, mental impairment, muscle and joint pain, swollen lymph glands, headaches, sore throat, and gastrointestinal problems. According to a 2016 review in the medical journal Clinical Therapeutics, the causes are unclear and “no universal pharmaceutical treatment can be recommended.”)
● From a woman in New Jersey: “I suffer from adrenal fatigue which is basically not having enough energy to do even daily tasks. The first thing I noticed immediately using the grounding mat is that I have more energy the next day. For about 20 days I used it in my bed under my legs. Now, five months later, I use it at the computer, and sleep with a grounding sheet.
“I wake up more refreshed now where before I used to wake up feeling like the sleep didn’t refresh me, like I still felt fatigued. I also found that it’s easier to stay asleep when grounded (insomniacs take note!). This energy has helped to be more positive every day; it helps me to do more of my everyday tasks and more easily. Seriously, I feel like I have a new life.
“For computer use, I notice that I feel less fatigued and ‘wired’ than if I was not using the mat. Probably by about a third to a half. I feel it is absorbing away that staticky energy and leaves me more grounded…in other words I am feeling better. Earthing has helped tremendously with my adrenal fatigue.”
● From a reader of the Earthing book in England: “I ordered a grounding mat before I got half way through the book and my shoes came off the same day. I used to dread work. 8 hours sat in front of a computer screen and struggling to keep my eyes open. Now the job hasn’t changed but I no longer feel like a drained battery. I go to bed still feeling energized and wake up fresh.”
● From another reader in England: “I was feeling really run-down and sluggish, no energy whatsoever. A bit skeptical at first, I got a grounding mat for home and office. Since I started grounding myself, I’ve felt and slept sooo much better, and seem to have way more energy than before.”
● From an Arizona mother: “I am a mom of two young children, and for years now I have had low energy, and an overall feeling of apathy. My husband and I have been sleeping on the earthing sheet for four nights now, and I feel AMAZING!! My feet and legs felt warm right away that first night, and after the second night’s earthing, I had so much energy!! Today is the fourth morning, and I feel like my brain is being de-fragmented. My memory and ability to think clearly has greatly improved!”
● From a California woman who works as a forest fire lookout: “I use the mat while I work in a fire tower in the forest, where I transmit information for 9 hours. The mat keeps me grounded and feeling whole. In the past, I felt exhausted and drained at the end of the day. My kidneys love the sense of well-being and I sleep better and legs hurt less. I am having the best year physically in this job of 27 years.”
● From a man, 82, in Brooklyn: Started grounding in 2011 using a sheet and a floor mat. He had severe chronic fatigue and it was gone after a few weeks of Earthing, and psoriasis gone after a few months.
● LC, male, 89, Austin: “I am in a hospice house, have balance and heart problems, and am in a wheelchair. I earth on the ground for a half-hour daily until I get a mat. I have more energy and less stress.”
● From Karen Ball, 63, massage therapist, Beaverton, OR: “In 2011, I was in terrible shape. I had been suffering with serious insomnia for 22 years, sleeping maybe 2 -3 hours on average per night. I had developed an inability to break down carbohydrates and had other digestive difficulties, mild depression, bloating, 15 years of hot flashes, bone density issues, and severe arthritis and muscle contraction in my right hip that caused pain and restricted movement. To top it off, at 244 pounds, I was 80 pounds overweight.
“In July 2011, I started sleeping on an Earthing sheet. The first three nights I didn’t get any sleep, but I had massive amounts of energy from laying on it 7-9 hours per night. Within the first 2 hours I lost considerable inflammation so that my ankles which had been severely swollen now appeared normal. I weighed myself and found I had lost 4.5 pounds of swelling those first 3 nights. Not real weight loss; just a very noticeable decrease of swelling.
● From a woman, 53, in Seattle: “When I ground all the stress drains right out of me, improves my mood, and clears my head. It’s my go-to for stress release, even in the rain.
● From Julie Chrétien, May 10 2022: “I am so happy to be grounding ! I made my own grounding stick! Life is better when i am earthing Thank You Clint Ober Personal results: I have stopped bleeding from my uterus (i had been bleeding 25 days of the month for the last year & half). My hot flashes have gone down 95%. I have more energy and don’t need to snooze after lunch anymore.”