We frequently receive notes from folks saying that their spouses or partners are no longer snoring or are snoring less, and that sleep apnea is improved, as a result of sleeping grounded.
One dentist told us that patients using “the Earthing sheets report a lot of gratitude from partners…and everyone’s snoring is much improved or eliminated.”
In 2012, a health blogger was motivated to write about sleeping grounded after her own positive experience and when her reported a huge reduction in dad’s nocturnal snoring level.
Subdued snoring. It’s definitely one of Earthing’s multiple benefits.
According to a National Sleep Foundation survey in 2008, nearly 50 percent of 75,000 adults surveyed reported snoring, about 37 percent of them on a regular basis. It’s a common problem among all ages and both genders, and can cause disruptions in sleep leading to daytime dysfunction and cardiovascular disease. A serious form of snoring, called sleep apnea, involves cessation of breathing and requires medical attention. Snoring and apnea often involve inflammation of nasal and sinus passages, which is one reason why Earthing helps. Earthing reduces inflammation throughout the body.
The health blog writer didn’t have a snoring problem, but said her quality of sleep improved after she started sleeping grounded. This was a big deal, she wrote, because she’s “a mother who has had a steady 8+ years of regularly interrupted sleep (I’ve been pregnant or nursing this whole time).”
She was now “waking up refreshed with far less sleep than would normally have been required to experience the same level of alertness.” Earthing also helped her husband’s back pain, she added.
Responses to her blog included the following comments:
● “We’ve been sleeping earthed/grounded for about a year, and it has helped my hubby and me tremendously. He has chronic sinus issues and snores a lot. Between changing our diets to be primal/paleo and sleeping grounded, he doesn’t snore much anymore. Yay! My own quality of sleep has improved tremendously too.”
● “My wife used to snore a lot. We started sleeping grounded about 6 months ago and already after a few weeks her snoring dramatically reduced. And should she snore it does not bother me anymore, as I have never slept so well. My sleep is the deepest ever. And another thing. I’m 67 years of age and getting up during the night to go to the bathroom was a normal routine. Not any more.”
Here are more testimonials:
● From a dentist in Maine: “Patients now sleeping grounded report almost universal positive response, some of them quite remarkable. Cessation of snoring is one that has created a lot of gratitude from partners involved and everyone’s snoring is much improved or eliminated.”
● From a woman in Michigan: “I’m doing well – sleeping well, no joint or heel pain now, no urinary problems, and my blood pressure is lower consistently – still take hypertension medicine, but a lowered dose – from 20 mg to 10 mg! My husband sleeps well, too, and now rarely snores, and when he does snore, it’s a fraction of the volume from prior to grounding. The snoring didn’t improve right away, but it’s come gradually.”
● “I slept VERY soundly last night for the first time in a very, very long time. My husband says that I did not snore, either, which seems to be another milestone. It was the second night that the grounding contraption has been on our bed. Could it possibly work that fast? I don’t know whether my husband snored last night because I slept so soundly without waking up at all.”
● MP, 65, retired nurse, Indio, California (2020): “My husband has no health issues. He grounds at night on a mat with me. We both slept deeper when we first started grounding but he continued to snore like a freight train! I then got the grounding pillow covers which were a game changer for him. I no longer have sleepless nights from his snoring. Sometimes he’ll take a nap on his couch in the den (not grounded) & he can be heard snoring all over the house. If he is on his grounding pillow, no snoring! Needless to say I am a firm believer in the benefits of grounding after only 3 months. Can’t wait to see how much better I get as time goes on!”
● Sarah Laucks, York, PA, wellness educator, (2017): Sarah Laucks is a former education director of an organization that stages events in the U.S. and Canada for people with disabilities, their caregivers, and healthcare professionals. She shared her grounding experience with us in December 2017: “My husband has not snored one night since we got the grounding sheet. He used to snore all the time.”
● Kellie Tilley, December 2022: “I have the fitted sheet and it is amazing! I sleep deeply and can easily go back to sleep if I get up the use the restroom. And the biggest perk is my husband no longer snores! I know it sounds crazy but it is a life changer!”