For rheumatoid arthritis, click here.
• From an Arizona sales manager of fitness equipment: “Three weeks ago I started grounding since with the sheet at night and the mat by day. The effects have been nothing short of miraculous. I had a tibial plateau (shinbone) fracture about 13 years ago. It was cracked in 5 places on the articular surface of the tibia. Over the years it had become more arthritic so I treated it with a daily intake of chondroitin and glucosamine. This had enabled me to continue to be active, but over the last year or so it was becoming more inflamed and painful. If I were to skip more than a few days of my supplement intake, the knee would be very painful and limit my activity level.
“The first day I started grounding I decided to stop taking the supplements and see if the grounding alone would have a positive effect. After a few days of grounding had gone by I was dumbfounded by the lack of pain in my knee so I decided to test it more. I hadn’t been able to run much lately because of the pain and swelling so I decided to take a run on the street as this would definitely cause some irritation and pain. Well, the next day no pain!
“I have a background in exercise physiology so the science of this made sense to me but I couldn’t wrap my head around the fact of pain for 13 years and in a matter of a few days it had disappeared. I was beginning to think this was all in my head!
“So to test it more, I decided to get a real litmus test by doing squats in the gym which always jacks up the knee and of which I hadn’t done in several months to a year. To my utter surprise and delight, no ensuing pain or inflammation!
“I’ve continued to test it with additional running and another bout with squats with the same result……no pain or inflammation! It has been 3 weeks now without any supplementation with virtually no discomfort or inflammation in my knee at all. I seriously am pinching myself!
“In addition, I have experienced less post exercise muscle pain from my workouts. This became very evident when I embarked on the squat workout. Anyone who works out will know, when you workout a muscle group hard that you hadn’t worked out in months, like I hadn’t with the squats, better be ready for some serious muscle soreness the next 3 days. Well, I had very minimal muscle pain day one and NONE the 2nd, 3rd days. Pretty amazing!
(Several studies have been conducted on the effect of grounding on exercise-induced delayed-onset muscle soreness. You can find the studies on the research page at earthinginstitute.net),
“I have also experienced deeper sleep, an overall calmness and a more balanced energy throughout the day.”
From Martin Weezorak: “When I heard about grounding, I wanted to see if it could do anything for me. Being a pipe fitter and working with my arms most of my adult life, I developed osteoarthritis in my shoulders. I also have psoriatic arthritis which shows up with lower back pain, and severe psoriasis. I have been living with this for at least 10 years.
“I was told by doctors 17 years ago that I needed to have both my shoulders replaced. Because of my bad shoulders I have not had a good night sleep for those 17 years, because of my constant tossing and turning in pain all night long.
“So to ground myself I took a piece of 12 gauge solid copper wire and striped it, laid it across my bed and plugged it into the ground of my electrical outlet, I slept with my bare back on the wire. I checked my ground at the outlet to make sure I had a good ground.
“I have to tell you the first night I tried this I slept through the night without pain, and woke up feeling great. I have been doing this for about two months. The pain in my shoulders has been reduced more than 50% compared to before. I’m sleeping much better. I thank God for finding this. I have since replaced the copper wire with a grounding throw and a wrist band I bought from https://www.earthing.com/.
“I believe everyone should ground themselves to the earth as often as they can for their health; this probably is the greatest discovery of all times, as far as I am concerned.
“I am praying by continuing with the grounding my body will eventually heal the psoriasis which would be another great relief. I only wish I would have found out about grounding earlier.”
• “I had arthritis in my left thumb and was beginning to develop diabetes type 2. I started sleeping grounded and now, after four days, no more arthritic pain, no diabetes from testing this morning, and my back is more relaxed than ever. Sleep is great.”
• A woman from Maine told us in 2011 that since sleeping grounded she experienced major relief from arthritic pain in her right foot, something she had unsuccessfully tried to resolve for more than a decade. Two years later, she said the pain hadn’t gone away completely, but what she has noticed is that “if I don’t ground myself, it’s worse. I went away for a weekend and forgot the mat and found my foot to be more painful and inflamed and it took a few nights to get back to where I was.”
• From a 64-year-old woman in Finland: “For years I have had a difficult osteoarthritis in my toes. Day and night pain. I had to take painkillers every evening in order to get any sleep. In addition, my feet felt cold despite being warm as the inflammation pain caused a cold feeling. To sleep, I had to sometimes wear several pairs of socks. After starting to use the Earthing sheet, I haven’t needed painkillers or socks at night. The pain is relieved and my feet are no longer cold.”
• “I have suffered with psoriatic arthritis (inflammatory type, like rheumatoid) for about eight years. I stopped using some of the stronger drugs because of the side effects, and have been trying to control the symptoms with NSAIDs (Naproxen). The pain and swelling in my hands, feet, and knees were severely limiting, and to the point of not being able to pick up anything with my left hand, or rising from a chair without help. I began Earthing myself at night and using Earthing patches on the most painful areas during the day. In two weeks, the benefits have been profound. The pain in my knees is almost gone, and my hands are much less swollen and painful. Yesterday I picked up a full cup of coffee with my left hand!! It’s been over a year since I was able to do that. I put Earthing patches on my 89-year-old mother, and it helps the pain in her back. Because of all this, I’m jumping for joy and I’m really jumping!!”